Basic Introduction to Rappelling.
We will cover:
- Basic Gear – Harnesses, helmets, rappel devices, carabiners,etc
- Safety Considerations – Basic safety, safety tethers, buddy checks
- Anchor Inspection
- Communication and Commands
- Top belay, fireman belays
- Friction – setting proper friction, adding friction on rappel, the impact of different rope diameters, single vs double strand rappels and more
- Proper Rappelling Form
There will be a selection descenders for you to try: Totem, Critr, Piranas and Figure eight, etc.
You must have the following gear:
Harness, helmet and gloves (contact me if you don’t have these)