Intro To Canyoneering
This course was designed for those just starting out or wanting to refresh.
Skills and topics Covered:
- -Canyon Rating System
- -Weather and topography
- -Gear Selection, Care, and Use
- -Ethics and low impact canyoneering practices
- -Knots, Bends and Hitches
- -Rope handling, Retrieving and Connecting
- – Evaluating Anchors
- -Anchors: natural, artificial, contingencies,etc.
- -Climbing, Down Climbing, Stemming, Spotting and Hand Lines
- -Rappelling and Personal on rope skills
- -Adding friction and Locking off on Rappel with different devices
- -Lowering Systems
- -Belay Systems
- -Safety Checks and Basic Self Rescue
- -Group Dynamics
Basic Personal gear is required for this course: Harness, helmet, rappel device, safety tether, multiple locking carabiners, multiple slings. Please wear sturdy shoes or boots. Equipment available for use / purchase if needed contact instructor prior.
Classes are outdoors so dress according to weather. Sturdy shoes required. Pack a lunch and bring plenty of water.
$100 deposit required within 3 days of course.
September 3rd & 4th – Las Vegas